Lightening cleansing gel (with Derma-White Berry complex)
A very nicely formulated facial cleansing gel. It truly does most of what it’s claimed to do, though please set your expectations right: a product that stays on the skin for a few seconds and been removed won’t have a tremendous effect on the skin’s uneven pigmentation. (1)
Having said that, the product contains, as part of its Derma-White Berry complex, a few fantastic plant extracts that holds great skin benefits. One of which is the mulberry extract that contains a material called arbutin. There is plenty of research supports its ability to improve skin’s uneven pigmentation. (2, 3). The downside is that its concentration is not fully established so its efficiency might or might not be lacking. Also the known Grape seed extracts present, it supplies strong polyphenol based anti-oxidants.
In addition to the above the presence of Niacinamide in the formula is considerable due to its long list of skin care benefits. Unfortunately the concentration requires in order for it to improve skin’s uneven pigmentation could not be found in this cleanser. Even so, we can still enjoy its ability to increase biosynthesis of ceramics and lipids- meaning helps maintaining the skin’s barrier and prevent trans epidermal water loss (TEWL). (4,5)
• Has a light, gentle texture
• Cleans the skin yet assists in maintaining and increasing skin’s moisture
• Does not sting the eyes and efficiently removes makeup leftovers
• Contains fantastic anti-oxidants and vitamins to help protect the skin from environmental damage
• Cost effective
• The efficiency of some of the plant extracts it contains is lacking
• Contains a few mild irritating ingredients
A lightening cleansing gel infused with Derma-WhiteBerry Complex, Payot Mousse Clarte lightening cleansing gel is the essential step for deep cleansing the skin and thorough makeup removal.
The fresh, lightweight formula has an airy, foam texture upon contact with water, working to restore a clear and even complexion. The softening properties sooth and refresh skin, leaving a protective film for care that lasts longer.
Aqua, Cocoamidopropyl Betain, Sodium Laureth Solfate, Saxifaga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutelaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Niacinamide, Alea Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Ascorbyl phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Oleyl Polypropylamine, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Sulfate, Citric Acid,Parfum (Fragrance), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Geraniol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben.
1. Except of very active formulations.
2. Arbutin encapsulated micelles improved transdermal delivery and suppression of cellular melanin production Alternative Medicine. 2013; 2013: 827248. Published online 2013 Jan 29.
3. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 2002, issue 8, pages 1045–1048.
4. International Journal of Dermatology. 34:434-37, 1995). (niacineamide-Acne inflamatorry)
5. British Journal of Dermatology . 143:524-31, 2000 (Lipids- increase biosynthesis of ceramides as well as other intercellular lipids in the stratum corneum- Skin barrier+Waterloss)